Message From the White House : What We Urge You To Do To Protect Against The Threat of Ransomware
On 2 June 2021, Anne Neuberger, the Deputy Assistant to the President and Deputy National Security Advisor for Cyber and Emerging Technology, released a message urging corporate executives and business leaders to ensure all US organizations are practicing safe cybersecurity measures. This is a matter of national security. The link to the White House website is available HERE, and we have summarized the press release below.
The U.S. Government’s Recommended Best Practices for Preventing Ransomware:
- Implement the five best practices from the Improving the Nation’s Cybersecurity Executive Order.
- Multifactor authentication
- Endpoint detection and response
- Data encryption (so if it is stolen, it cannot be used by the thief)
- Have a security team ready and willing to make changes, patches, and security upgrades.
- Back up your data and keep a copy encrypted and offline.
- Update and patch systems promptly
- Test your incident response plan – what happens if there is a breach, what do you do?
- Use a 3rd party network penetration tester (also sometimes referred to as an “ethical hacker”) to test your security and ability to defend against a sophisticated attack.
- Segment your networks
Did you know Teoma Systems offers a solution suite that satisfies all the above suggestions? Compared to most big box competitors, the Teoma Secure solution is high powered yet affordable, and most importantly gives you the peace of mind that your business is safe and secure from hackers. For more info, visit our Managed Service Page, or submit a general request for info here. You may reach a live Teoma representative by calling (248-614-6600) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Located in Troy and founded in 1993 Teoma Systems is a local leader in providing best in class IT solutions from industry leaders. All Teoma Systems solutions are engineered and supported by local Teoma Systems employees. Teoma’s technical staff averages over fifteen years of industry experience and ten years employment with Teoma. Attracting and retaining such a skilled staff requires providing associates an environment that rewards creativity, teamwork, and personal development.
Managed Services – Phone Systems – Carrier Services – Data Networking – Wi-Fi – Video Surveillance – Low Voltage Cabling – Cloud Services – IT Services – IT Staff Augmentation – Voice – Firewalls – Cybersecurity – Help Desk Support – Cost Containment – SDWAN