Why You Should Value Total Data Protection
Everyone in business knows the importance/value of their data protection, and every business owner or IT manager knows the importance of backing up that data. However, very few businesses have a data backup plan in place that truly provides the desired protection, if they have one at all.
According to FEMA, as many as 60% of small businesses never recover after a disaster and are forced to close, highlighting the importance of maintaining backups that can keep systems running. Businesses need infrastructure in place that protects their critical data. Teoma Systems Unified Continuity product family from Datto, offers the solutions necessary to protect businesses from data loss due to power failures, flooding, security breaches, and human error.
Here are some things to think about and questions to ask yourself:
- Business continuity – can you function effectively if your data is breached? For how long? How efficiently? What is the financial impact?
- Disaster recovery – in the case of a disaster (flood, fire, natural disaster, intrusion, human error), how long will it take to recover your systems and data?
- Aside from your main servers, where is valuable data stored? Are individual local drives secure and backed up?
- How geographically disperse are your main data server and your backed up data? Why is that important?
- How often is your data backed up? Does it happen automatically?
- Do you use Microsoft 365 or Google G-Suite? Is that data protected with a backup solution?
- Did you know that ransomware attacks in the cloud are on the rise?
- 1 in 3 users experience data loss from the cloud either accidentally or maliciously.
These are just a few considerations when assessing how to back up your data. There are currently so many options out there, and the process begins with assessing your budget, needs, and matching the options available.
Let us know if you have any questions, Teoma representative can be reached on the phone at (248-614-6600) or email firstname.lastname@example.org; visit our Managed Service Page, or submit a general request for info here.
Located in Troy and founded in 1993 Teoma Systems is a local leader in providing best in class IT solutions from industry leaders. All Teoma Systems solutions are engineered and supported by local Teoma Systems employees. Teoma’s technical staff averages over fifteen years of industry experience and ten years employment with Teoma. Attracting and retaining such a skilled staff requires providing associates an environment that rewards creativity, teamwork, and personal development.
Managed Services – Phone Systems – Carrier Services – Data Networking – Wi-Fi – Video Surveillance – Low Voltage Cabling – Cloud Services – IT Services – IT Staff Augmentation – Voice – Firewalls – Cybersecurity – Help Desk Support – Cost Containment – SDWAN