What are the benefits of outsourcing IT?
Ah, the age-old question, should I or should not I outsource my IT department? There is not a one size fits all answer here, and there are a few ways to go about managing your IT needs. You could do it all yourself, use a combination of in-house personnel and outsourced resources, or entrust all your IT needs to a reliable IT company.
But let’s face it, technology is getting increasingly complex, and there is a shortage of highly skilled IT professionals. For this reason, and a few others, industry trends show that by 2025, it is expected that 85% of all IT work will by outsourced in some form or fashion.
Is it right for you? Here is a look at 6 benefits of outsourcing some or all your IT work:
- You get a specialized skill-based expert/team. The fastest way to get specialized skill for a short period of time is to hire an IT company. For instance, let us say that your company requires a cybersecurity specialist for an ongoing project, imagine how difficult and time consuming it would be to hire an expert and what you will end up paying?
- Can save you money. Building a team from scratch and maintaining it on an ongoing basis is quite costly. Payroll costs, insurance, training, etc. make supporting an IT department a very costly proposition. Unless your IT department is generating revenue through an app or some sort of internet service, outsourcing IT operations can be the best way not only to save money but to have IT support that you can rely on.
- Better Security. The benefit here is the specialization and training that a good, outsourced IT company can provide. They work with many companies and see and experience many different issues and challenges. That broad knowledge can help your business when an issue arises that they have already experienced. Security is an ever-changing challenge. Bad actors are constantly coming up with new ways to infiltrate your network. Experience counts here and can be invaluable in protecting your data.
- Increased efficiency and productivity. IT companies can provide automation, data backup security, and cloud migration. With your IT department outsourced, you can focus on ways to drive increased productivity and efficiency as opposed to spending time managing your IT needs.
- It can help scale your business. How much time, money, and effort should you put into recruiting, hiring, and managing IT personnel? Do you have the knowledge and ability to do so? Will you find the right people? Most business owners agree that instead of wasting money and time on experimenting by hiring new staff that it is a good idea to outsource the IT department. Some companies only need 20 hours of IT work done per week. Hiring a full-time employee would be a bad return on investment in this scenario. Scaling your internal IT department is an exceedingly difficult task.
- Short term projects of 6 months or less. Does it make sense to put a lot of resources into building or training an IT department for a short-term project? Probably not. Outsourcing can provide the requisite skills as well as a scalable resource for the time you need.
Teoma Systems has been assisting companies with technology for over 27 years. We have a team of highly skilled and training technicians that specialize in data networking, voice communications, hardware procurement and installation/configuration, and network security.
We have access to the latest tools and technologies to help manage your IT environment, for example, Teoma uses a remote monitoring and management tool that does the following:
- Provides 24/7/365 monitoring of your network, servers, and endpoints
- Automatically updates MS patches
- Immediately identifies issues and sends notifications through our ticketing and dispatch system
- Integrates with antivirus and email security platforms
- Performs proactive maintenance
- Allows for many fixes to be performed remotely saving time and money
This is just one example of how a professional IT company can help. Contact us to talk about what options are available for you to best manage your business’s IT needs.
Located in Troy and founded in 1993 Teoma Systems is a local leader in providing best in class IT solutions from industry leaders. All Teoma Systems solutions are engineered and supported by local Teoma Systems employees. Teoma’s technical staff averages over fifteen years of industry experience and ten years employment with Teoma. Attracting and retaining such a skilled staff requires providing associates an environment that rewards creativity, teamwork, and personal development.
Managed Services – Phone Systems – Carrier Services – Data Networking – Wi-Fi – Video Surveillance – Low Voltage Cabling – Cloud Services – IT Services – IT Staff Augmentation – Voice – Firewalls – Cybersecurity – Help Desk Support – Cost Containment – SDWAN